All telescopes integrated into an IO
- Coordinated science across telescopes in the era of multi-messenger astronomy
- Enhance our national and international partnerships
- Advance SAAO into the 4IR
To better serve the community/users:
- Submit proposals at any time
- Science on any time scale (not restricted to 1 week blocks)
- Observe from Sutherland, Cape Town or anywhere
- Observe manually, queue or service
- Respond to alerts, computer generated requests
The Vision for the Intelligent Observatory is decomposed in a set of work products and this is captured in what is known in Scrum terminology as a Product Backlog.
The work products are delivered according the sequence defined in the IO roadmaps. This is subject to change as environment changes and functionality is re-prioritised.